Trouble purchasing Kingpin? Get it from our home page.
Kingpin is a punchy vintage kit fusing classic vintage tone with modern snap. This kit can dish out everything from R&B and urban grooves through to rock, pop and indy tracks.
The kit is a 1970s vintage Gretsch USA maple comprised of two rack toms, two floor toms, two kick drum variations and two snares. The drums are accompanied with Bosphorus cymbals for a dark, dry and smooth finish.
Individually controllable mic layers - Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom.
Switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Enhance your live drum recording: kick, snare, toms – each with separated mic layers.
Each and every hit has 6 unique round-robin samples to avoid the mechanical machine-gun effect.
Easily switch between included drums
Kontakt, Trigger, Wav
2114 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
Total package size
1.3 GB download
1.7 GB unzipped
The kit was tracked at York Street Studio (now closed) – in an isolated enclosure for an intimate direct sound. We’ve used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit, including Neumann mics, a vintage Neve desk, API and Chandler preamps and a roll of 2″ tape.
|Gretsch ’70s maple 24″ x 14″ kick||A: Tight||x7||x6|
|Vintage Gretsch maple 14″ x 6 1/2″ – open||center hits||x8||x6|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome-over-Brass (CoB) 14″ x 5 1/2″ – dampened||center hits||x8||x6|
|Gretsch ’70s maple 10″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Gretsch ’70s maple 12″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Gretsch ’70s maple 14″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Gretsch ’70s maple 16″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Bosphorus Traditional 14″ Hihats||Tip Tight||x6||x6|
|Bosphorus Traditional 17″ Crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|Bosphorus Traditional 18″ Crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|Bosphorus Masters Vintage 21″ Ride||Bow||x4||x6|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.