Boxer is a punchy alt rocker with an unpretentious direct sound that gets the job done. A versatile kit with alt-rock, pop and punk written all over it. A solid kick, toneful toms, and three swappable snares cover plenty of ground, each snare giving the kit a completely different feel. The kit works equally well for laid back grooves or frantic flurries.
Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 7 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Switchable instruments: 3x snare variations.
Mic layers: 6x individually controllable mic layers: Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom
Round-robin: natural performance with 6x round-robin hits for every single zone.
eKit mode switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly accessing different sounds.
Also check out the MIDI files page to download free MIDI files compatible with this kit.
- Sampler mapping instrument files
for Kontakt, Trigger, Wav
- 3270 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
- User manual:
- Total package size:
2.3 GB download, 3.1 GB unzipped
The kit was sampled at Sing Sing South studio in Melbourne, Australia, in a mid-sized tracking room, though a vintage Neve desk, with the usual assortment of high end hand-picked mics, and processed with select outboard pieces.
The kit has been mixed with an indy production in mind, with plenty of scope to take the mix further put your stamp on it.
|Premier Genista birch 22″ x 16″||staccato||x6||x6|
|A: Sonor Hilite 14″ x 7″ maple”||center hits||x7||x6|
|B: Pearl Reference 13″ x 7″ 20-ply maple||center hits||x7||x6|
|C: Ludwig 14″ x 5″ ’70s Supraphonic||center hits||x7||x6|
|Premier Genista birch 10″ x 8″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Premier Genista birch 12″ x 10″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Premier Genista birch 14″ x 12″ floor tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|UFIP 13″ Natural Rough Hihat||Tip Tight||x4||x6|
|UFIP 16″ Tiger||Edge||x4||x6|
|UFIP 18″ Class Brilliant||Edge||x4||x6|
|UFIP Bionic 20″ Ride||Bow||x3||x6|
|UFIP 12″/14″ China Stack||Edge||x3||x6|
|UFIP 10″ Natural Splash||Edge||x3||x6|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: 5.3 GB free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT be able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.