Plastique is a hard hitting classic rock kit with tone for miles. This kit will drive a classic rock track with authority and add flavour to fusion and pop pieces.
The kit itself is a vintage 1970s Ludwig Vistalite in Bonhamesque configuration and tuning, including two vintage Ludwig Supraphonic snares and Paiste 2002 cymbals.
Multi-sampling: each key contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail, and natural performance thanks to 6 round-robin hits on each zone.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: mono and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with volume and mic controls.
Instrument swap: instantly change the snare drum sound at the press of a button
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
Trigger maps: for sound replacement
- Sampler mapping instrument files
for Kontakt, Trigger, Wav
- 1614 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
- User manual:
- Total package size:
1.3 GB download, 1.7 GB unzipped
Plastique was sampled in the big room at York Street Studios (now closed). As usual we’ve used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit, including Neumann mics, a vintage EMI Neve desk, API and Chandler preamps and a roll of 2″ tape.
|Ludwig 1970s Vistalite 24″ x 14″||Felt beater||x6||x6|
|Vintage Ludwig Supraphonic 400 14″ x 5 1/2″ – tight and open||center hits||x7||x6|
|Vintage Ludwig Supraphonic 400 14″ x 5 1/2″ – dampened||center hits||x7||x6|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 14″||center hits||x6||x6|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 16″||center hits||x6||x6|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 18″||center hits||x7||x6|
|Vintage Paiste 2002 Soundedge 15″||Tip Tight||x6||x6|
|Paiste 2002 18″ Crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|Paiste 2002 19″ Crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|Paiste 2002 24″ Ride||Bow||x4||x6|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: 3 GB free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT be able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.