Inspired by the drums of Motown, Stax and sweet R&B from yesteryear comes Monotown. It will drive home the beat to old school funk, soul, rhythm and blues. It also fits the bill for fresh tracks where organic production qualities are desired.
Five individually controllable mic perspectives let you dial the sound between 60s, 70s, indy, trashy or anything in between. Oh and one more thing… it’s mono.
Multi-sampling: each key contains up to 8 dynamic levels for expressive detail and dynamics. Hihats are extensively sampled with 8 articulations. 6 round-robin hits for each dynamic level on every instrument.
Mic layers: 5 individually controllable microphone perspectives: Coles 4038 front-of-kit; Coles 4038 over kit; RCA 44 over kit, RE20 underside, and Neumann U67 room.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: mono and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with volume and mic controls.
Instrument swap: instantly change the snare drum and tambourine sounds from a menu
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
- Sampler mapping instrument files
for Kontakt, Trigger, Wav
- 3695 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
- User manual:
- Total package size:
1.6 GB download, 2 GB unzipped
The kit sampled is a vintage 1970s Rogers USA-made “Big R” with maple shells and re-rings. Vintage ’60s Zildjian and Paiste cymbals, and tambourines. The kit comes with two switchable snare options – Rogers Dynasonic and Ludwig Supraphonic, and two tambourine options.
|1970s Rogers “Big R” maple unported 20″ x 14″||felt beater||x6||x6|
|A: 1970s Rogers Dynasonic CoB 14″ x 5 1/2″||center hits||x7||x6|
|B: 1970s Ludwig Supraphonic 14″ x 5 1/2″||center hits||x7||x6|
|1970s Rogers “Big R” maple 12″||center hits||x6||x6|
|1970s Rogers “Big R” maple 13″||center hits||x6||x6|
|1970s Rogers “Big R” maple 16″||center hits||x6||x6|
|1960s Paiste 602 15″ hats||Tip Tight||x6||x6|
|1950s Zildjian 16″ Advedis Medium crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|1970s Zildjian 18″ medium crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|1960s Paiste 602 22″ ride||Bow||x4||x6|
|A: Vintage open 10″ tambourine||Swing-left||x1||x6|
|B: Skinned 8″ tambourine||Swing-left||x1||x6|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: 3.6 GB free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT be able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.