Trouble purchasing Buckshot? Get it from our home page.
Buckshot is a modern take on a vintage kit with plenty of punch to cut through and enough tone to sit right in a rock track, or dial back the dynamics for a lush and more subtle approach. The kit is a vintage 1970s Gretsch Stop-Sign Maple with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. The kit was tracked in an old wooden theatre and dialling in the room sound can go from tight to lush and smooth.
Individually controllable mic layers - Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom.
Switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Each and every hit has 6 unique round-robin samples to avoid the mechanical machine-gun effect.
Easily switch between included drums
Kontakt, EXS24, Wav
1968 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
Total package size
1.1 GB download
1.7 GB unzipped
As usual we’ve used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit including classic Neumann mics, vintage Neve 1064 preamps. The tracks were then processed through vintage DBX 160 “VU” compressors for added grit and girth.
|Vintage Gretsch maple 24″ x 14″||felt beater||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14″ x 5 1/2″ – medium tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14″ x 5 1/2″ – medium-high tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 10″||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 13″||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 16″||left-hand||x24|
|Zildjian Avedis 14″ Rock hats||Edge Tight||x24|
|Zildjian K Custom 17″ Dark Zrash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian HHX 18″ Stage Crash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian Vault Artisan 22″ Medium Ride||Bow||x24|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.