Trouble purchasing BlackSmith? Get it from our home page.
BlackSmith is a metal workhorse with an aggressive yet toneful sound. This kit will lay an unshakable foundation for any metal track, or any other genre where a tight punchy articulate kit is called for.
BlackSmith gives you several mic layers to blend to your taste, easily taking the sound of the kit from clean and tight to spacious or dirty with the push of a fader. Three swappable snare variations help fit the kit to your track.
Individually controllable mic layers - Close mics, Overheads, Room mics, Smash mic, Kick Sub, and Snare-Bottom.
Switch to ‘eKit’ mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to ‘Keyboard mode’ for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Enhance your live drum recording: kick, snare, toms – each with separated mic layers.
Each and every hit has 6 unique round-robin samples to avoid the mechanical machine-gun effect.
Easily switch between included drums
Kontakt, Trigger, Wav
3752 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
Total package size
2.9 GB download
4.2 GB unzipped
The kit we sampled is a pristine Sonor SQ2 Acrylic set, with three snare options, and classic Zildjian A Custom cymbals. The kit was sampled in Melbourne’s Sing Sing South studio, a medium sized tracking room.
|Sonor SQ2 Acrylic 22″ x 20″ Kick||left foot||x6||x6|
|A: Sonor 14″ x 6″ Artist Bronze||center hits||x7||x6|
|B: Pearl Reference 13″ x 7″ 20-ply Maple||center hits||x7||x6|
|C: Sonor 14″ x 6.5″ Delite Maple||center hits||x7||x6|
|Sonor SQ2 Acrylic 8″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Sonor SQ2 Acrylic 10″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Sonor SQ2 Acrylic 12″ tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Sonor SQ2 Acrylic 15″ floor tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|Zildjian 14″ A-Custom Hihat||Tip Tight||x4||x6|
|Zildjian 18″ A Custom||Edge||x4||x6|
|Zildjian 19″ A Custom||Edge||x4||x6|
|Zildjian 22″ A-Custom Ride||Bow||x3||x6|
|Zildjian 10″ A Splash||Edge||x3||x6|
|Zildjian 18″ FX Crash||Edge||x3||x6|
|Zildjian 18″ Traditional China stacked with 16″ A-Custom Crash||Edge||x3||x6|
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no ‘mappings’ are provided or support is given for this.