Inspired by its own bad self, Big Mono Redux brings you the classic sound of Big Mono and gives you a new level of artistic control. If you enjoyed the sound of the original Big Mono but wished you could tweak it, now you can. With volume controls for individual kit components, mic layer adjustments, and even panning, you can now hone the sound of the kit to suit your track.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Ludwig maple, with a Rogers Dynasonic snare, classic Zildjian and Sabian cymbals.
Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Mic layers: 5x individually controllable microphone perspectives: Coles 4038 in Decca front-of-kit position, Coles 4038 Decca – overhead; Neumann U87 Decca – side, Close mics, and snare-bottom
Round-robin: natural performance thanks to round-robin hits – check the details at the bottom of this page.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with volume, mic and pan controls.
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
Trigger maps: for sound replacement – kick, snare, rack tom, floor tom – each with separated mic layers
Also check out the MIDI files page to download free MIDI files compatible with this kit.
- Sampler mapping instrument files
for Kontakt, Wav
- 1234 sample files
in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz .wav format
- User manual:
- Total package size:
613.5 MB download, 775.5 MB unzipped
Tracked in a big room through a vintage EMI Neve console, directly to 2″ tape.
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater
- Hard drive: 1.4 GB free storage space available (to download and then unzip)
- RAM: 1GB
- Processor: 1GHz
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. The kit will stop working after a 15 minute total time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. The kit is NOT be able to be activated for continued use in the Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.