- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 3 or greater
- Hard drive with 2.5 GB of available space
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- This product can be loaded with free Kontakt Player however there is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can also be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.
Monotown - Kontakt Edition
Feel the funk and do it anyway
Inspired by the drums of Motown, Stax and sweet R'n'B from yesteryear comes Monotown. It will drive home the beat to old school funk, soul, rhythm and blues. It'll also fit the bill for current indy and pop where organic production qualities are desired.
Five individually controllable mic perspectives let you dial the sound between 60s, 70s, trashy, indy or anything in between.
The kit sampled is a vintage 1970s Rogers USA-made "Big R" maple, with vintage '60s Zildjian and Paiste cymbals, and tambourines. The kit comes with two switchable snare options - Rogers Dynasonic and Ludwig Supraphonic, and two tambourine options.
And one more thing... it's in mono.
Keywords: Motown, stax, soul, garage, surf, rockabilly, proto-ska, 60s, 70s, 50s, indy, lofi, organic
Multi-sampling: each key contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 8 articulations.
Mic layers: 5x individually controllable microphone perspectives: Coles 4038 front-of-kit; Coles 4038 over kit; RCA 44 over kit, RE20 underside, and Neumann U67 room.
Round-robin: natural performance is possible thanks to 6 round-robin hits for each dynamic layer on every instrument.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: mono and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with volume and mic controls.
Instrument swap: instantly change the snare drum and tambourine sounds at the press of a button
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
Trigger maps: for sound replacement
Library package contents
- 4x Kontakt instrument files for stereo/multi-out, Keyboard & V-Drum mappings
- 3695 sample .wav files in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz format
- Reference manual (PDF)
- Total package size: 1.7GB Zip file
Kit sampling details
|1970s Rogers "Big R" maple unported 20" x 14"||felt beater||x6||x6|
|A: 1970s Rogers Dynasonic CoB 14" x 5 1/2"||center hits||x7||x6|
|B: 1970s Ludwig Supraphonic 14" x 5 1/2"||center hits||x7||x6|
|1970s Rogers "Big R" maple 12"||center hits||x6||x6|
|1970s Rogers "Big R" maple 13"||center hits||x6||x6|
|1970s Rogers "Big R" maple 16"||center hits||x6||x6|
|1960s Paiste 602 15" hats||Tip Tight||x6||x6|
|1950s Zildjian 16" Advedis Medium crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|1970s Zildjian 18" medium crash||Edge||x4||x6|
|1960s Paiste 602 22" ride||Bow||x4||x6|
|A: Vintage open 10" tambourine||Swing-left||x1||x6|
|B: Skinned 8" tambourine||Swing-left||x1||x6|