- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 2 or greater, ESX24
- Hard drive with 2 GB of available space
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt full version or EXS24 mkII
- 7200 rpm hard drive with 2 GB of available space
- 4GB RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Windows XP or later / Mac OS 10.3.9 or later
- A high quality audio interface with ASIO or CoreAudio driver
- This product can be loaded with free Kontakt Player however there is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
Grandioso is about as big as it gets. Turn up the room mic, hit it hard and it will deliver explosive beats with resounding impact. Or back off the room mic and use more moderate dynamics for smooth, subtle and detailed grooves.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Ludwig Vistalite with the toms tuned low for growl, the kick unported for added weight, and two vintage Ludwig Supraphonic snares in medium and high tunings. Accompanied with classic Paiste 2002 cymbals. The kit was tracked in a wooden theatre with cavernous acoustics, providing a lucious natural reverberation. As usual we've used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit including classic Neumann mics, vintage Neve 1064 and Ward Beck preamps. The tracks were then processed through a vintage Urei 1178 stereo compressor to add further weight and presence to the samples.
Tags: massive room sound, drum hall, theatre, 80s drums, thunder, epic proportions, rock opus, epic rock, explosive
Multi-sampling: each key contains 24 velocity layers for expressive detail.
Layers: separately controllable layers for close and room mics.
Layouts: General MIDI (GM) and Extended Mapping (EX) layouts provided.
Kontakt instrument interface*: with volume and pan controls for individual drums and room mics. Instant snare-swapping button.
Sensitivity control*: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for rock and heavier tracks.
Presets*: for quickly changing sounds.
* features only available when using Kontakt.
Library package contents
- 4x Kontakt instrument files for stereo/multi-out, GM/Extended mappings.
- 8x EXS24 instrument files for stereo/multi-out, GM/Extended mappings, Snare A/Snare B.
- 1392 sample .wav files in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz format
- Reference manual (PDF)
- Total package size: 540MB Zip file (1.8GB unzipped)
Kit sampling details
|Ludwig 1970s Vistalite 24" x 14"||1) Retro pillowy||x24|
|2) Modern attack||x24|
|Vintage Ludwig Supraphonic 400 14" x 5 1/2" - medium tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Vintage Ludwig Supraphonic 400 14" x 5 1/2" - medium-high tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 14"||left-hand||x24|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 16"||left-hand||x24|
|Ludwig Vistalite 1970s 18"||left-hand||x24|
|Vintage Paiste 2002 Soundedge 15"||Tight||x24|
|Paiste 2002 18" Crash||Edge||x24|
|Paiste 2002 19" Crash||Edge||x24|
|Paiste 2002 24" Ride||Bow||x24|