- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 2 or greater, Apple ESX24 mkII
- Hard drive with 2 GB of available space
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt full version or EXS24 mkII
- 7200 rpm hard drive with 2 GB of available space
- 4GB RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Windows XP or later / Mac OS 10.3.9 or later
- A high quality audio interface with ASIO or CoreAudio driver
- This product can be loaded with free Kontakt Player however there is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can also be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.
The Buck stops here. A modern take on a vintage kit with plenty of punch to cut through and enough tone to sit right in a rock track.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Gretsch Stop-Sign Maple with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. The kit was tracked in a big old wooden theatre and dialing in the room sound can go from tight to espansive. As usual we've used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit including classic Neumann mics, vintage Neve 1064 preamps. The tracks were then processed through vintage DBX 160 "VU" compressors for added grit and girth.
Multi-sampling: each key contains 24 velocity layers for expressive detail. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 6 articulations (tight, closed, loose, semi-open, open, pedaled).
Mic layers: 3x separately controllable layers for close mics, overheads and room mics.
Layouts: General MIDI (GM) and Extended Mapping (EX) layouts provided.
Kontakt instrument interface*: with volume and pan controls for individual drums and room mics. Instant snare-swapping button.
Sensitivity control*: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for rock and heavier tracks.
Presets*: for quickly changing sounds.
* features only available when using Kontakt.
Library package contents
- 4x Kontakt instrument files for stereo/multi-out, GM/Extended mappings.
- 8x EXS24 instrument files for stereo/multi-out, GM/Extended mappings, Snare A/Snare B.
- 1968 sample .wav files in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz format
- Reference manual (PDF)
- Total package size: 1.1GB Zip file (1.87GB unzipped)
Kit sampling details
|Vintage Gretsch maple 24" x 14"||felt beater||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14" x 5 1/2" - medium tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14" x 5 1/2" - medium-high tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 10"||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 13"||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 16"||left-hand||x24|
|Zildjian Avedis 14" Rock hats||Edge Tight||x24|
|Zildjian K Custom 17" Dark Zrash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian HHX 18" Stage Crash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian Vault Artisan 22" Medium Ride||Bow||x24|