Library package contents
- Kontakt instrument files
with multi-out and stereo versions
- 8x EXS24 instrument files
With stereo/multi-out, GM/Extended mappings, Snare A/Snare B.
- 1968 sample .wav files
In unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz format
- BuckShot User Manual (PDF 1.9MB)
- Total package size:
1.1GB Zip file (1.87GB unzipped)
Also check out the MIDI files page to download free MIDI files compatible with this kit.
v1.70 mapping update released 8 December 2014
- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 4 or greater, or Apple Logic EXS24 mkII
- Hard drive with 3GB of available space (to download and then unzip)
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
- Windows Vista/7/8, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Kontakt Full Version required for Kontakt use.
- NOT compatible with the free Kontakt Player. There is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.
Buckshot is a modern take on a vintage kit with plenty of punch to cut through and enough tone to sit right in a rock track, or dial back the dynamics for a lush and more subtle approach.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Gretsch Stop-Sign Maple with Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. The kit was tracked in an old wooden theatre and dialing in the room sound can go from tight to luch and smooth. As usual we've used nothing but the finest gear to capture the kit including classic Neumann mics, vintage Neve 1064 preamps. The tracks were then processed through vintage DBX 160 "VU" compressors for added grit and girth.
#rock #prog #huge #lush #bigroom #gretsch #sabian #kzildjian
Multi-sampling: each key contains 24 velocity layers for expressive detail. Hihats are extensively sampled for convincing realism with 6 articulations (tight, closed, loose, semi-open, open, pedaled).
Mic layers: 3x separately controllable layers for close mics, overheads and room mics.
Switchable Snares: 2x hot-swappable snare drum options.
eKit mode switch to 'eKit' mode when using a Roland V-Drum kit, or leave set to 'Keyboard mode' for direct MIDI sequencing. The layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Dynamic Range control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets*: for quickly changing sounds.
* features only available when using Kontakt.
Kit sampling details
|Vintage Gretsch maple 24" x 14"||felt beater||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14" x 5 1/2" - medium tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Vintage Gretsch Chrome over Brass 14" x 5 1/2" - medium-high tension||left-hand center||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 10"||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 13"||left-hand||x24|
|Gretsch 1970s maple 16"||left-hand||x24|
|Zildjian Avedis 14" Rock hats||Edge Tight||x24|
|Zildjian K Custom 17" Dark Zrash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian HHX 18" Stage Crash||Edge||x24|
|Sabian Vault Artisan 22" Medium Ride||Bow||x24|