- Compatable software sampler: Native Instruments Kontakt Full version version 3 or greater
- Hard drive with 1 GB of available space
- 2GB RAM
- 1GHz processor
- Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/VIsta/7, Mac OS X 10.2 or higher
- Kontakt Full Version required.
There is a 15 minute time restriction imposed by Kontakt Player. There is no restriction when using the full version of Kontakt.
- The wav format audio files supplied with this product can be utilized with many other sampler and sound replacement products, however no 'mappings' are provided or support is given for this.
Big Mono Redux - Kontakt Edition
The same sweet sound, now with knobs
Inspired by its own bad self, Big Mono Redux brings you the classic sound of Big Mono and gives you a new level of artistic control.
If you enjoyed the sound of the original Big Mono but wished you could tweak it, now you can. With volume controls for individual kit components, mic layer adjustments, and even panning, you can now hone the sound of the kit to suit your track.
The kit is a vintage 1970s Ludwig maple, with a Rogers Dynasonic snare, classic Zildjian and Sabian cymbals. Tracked in a big room through a vintage Neve console, directly to 2" tape.
Tags: Retro, roomy, vintage, rock, indy, 60s, 70s, 50s, organic
Audio and video demos
Multi-sampling: each kit component contains up to 8 velocity layers for expressive detail and dynamics - check the details at the bottom of this page.
Mic layers: 5x individually controllable microphone perspectives: Coles 4038 in Decca front-of-kit position, Coles 4038 Decca - overhead; Neumann U87 Decca - side, Close mics, and snare-bottom
Round-robin: natural performance thanks to round-robin hits - check the details at the bottom of this page.
Layouts: Keyboard and eKit/V-Drum mapping layouts provided. The keyboard layout is General MIDI (GM) compatible.
Output routing: stereo and multi-channel output versions provided.
Kontakt instrument interface: with volume, mic and pan controls.
Sensitivity control: increase the sensitivity of the kit for more intricate and subtle performances or leave it set to full dynamic range for heavier tracks.
Presets: for quickly changing sounds.
Trigger maps: for sound replacement - kick, snare, rack tom, floor tom - each with separated mic layers
Library package contents
- 4x Kontakt instrument files for stereo/multi-out, Keyboard & V-Drum mappings
- 1234 sample sound files in unencrypted 24bit, 44.1khz WAV format
- Reference manual (PDF 221KB)
- Total package size: 640MB Zip file (814MB unzipped)
Kit and sampling details
|1970s Ludwig maple 22" x 16" kick||Felt beater||x4||x3|
|1970s Rogers Dynasonic maple 14" x 5" snare||center hits||x10||x7|
|1970s Ludwig maple maple 13" tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|1970s Ludwig maple maple 16" tom||center hits||x6||x6|
|(Phantom 12" tom)||center hits||-||-|
|(Phantom 14" tom)||center hits||-||-|
|Zildjian Advedis Mastersound 13" hihat||Closed||x6||x6|
|Zildjian K 16" Medium Crash||Edge||x3||x3|
|Zildjian K 17" K Dark Crash||Edge||x4||x3|
|Sabian HHX Evolution 20" Ride||Bow||x4||x4|